Somer Place is not just a guest house; it’s a destination where comfort, luxury, and adventure converge. Whether you’re seeking relaxation, exploration, or a bit of both, our commitment to excellence ensures that your stay will be nothing short of remarkable. Your stay at Somer Place is not just about luxurious accommodations; it’s about creating memories.
Our location features a range of activities to make your stay truly unforgettable:
Hiking and Nature Trails: Explore the scenic wonders of the surrounding countryside with guided hiking and nature trail excursions.
Cycling Adventures: Discover the area on two wheels with our complimentary bicycles, ideal for exploring the local charm at your own pace.
Historic Landmarks: Immerse yourself in history with visits to nearby historic sites, offering a glimpse into the past.
Wine Estates: Engage in the local winemaking traditions and cultural events, gaining insight into our region’s rich wine heritage.
Golf and Sports: Discover the breathtaking golf courses featuring natural wonders from pristine lakes to lush forests, all within a short drive.
Places of Interest
- These beautiful wine farms are only a few minutes drive from Somer Place.
- There are five golf courses within 30 minutes of us.
- Monkey Town is only 5 minutes from us.
- Hermanus, a picturesque town near the Southernmost tip of Africa, is about an hours drive.
- The university town of Stellenbosch is only 20km away, a 15-minute drive.
- Sir Lowry’s Pass, about a 10-minute drive, is a fantastic place for a bird’s eye view of False Bay and Somerset West and the lovely Cape Town.
- Paarl and Franschhoek, situated on the Wine Route, are approximately 80 – 100 km from Somer Place.
- Cape Town, the “Mother City”, is only 40 km from us, about a 30-minute drive.
When visiting Cape Town, don’t miss:
- The Victoria & Alfred Waterfront.
- The Table Mountain Cableway.
- Signal Hill, where you have a fantastic view over the Cape Peninsula, Table Mountain and even Robben Island, where Mandela was imprisoned for many years.
- The Two Oceans Aquarium features sea creatures from the Indian and Atlantic Oceans.
- Cape Point and the National Park are a must, as is the scenic route back along Chapman’s Peak Drive.
- Cape Agulhas, the Southern-most tip of Africa, also makes an excellent day trip.